Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mom's Need to Brag a Little :)

So Ben's 5th birthday was August 1, and we had a birthday party for him with, oh, about 40 of his closest friends :)  We were all set on a Spiderman birthday theme.  However, one day, a few weeks before the party, I saw him and my husband whispering about something.  Ben proceeds to come up to me with his big eyes and devilish grin and say, "Mommy, can I have and Angry Birds birthday party."  Well, considering this is BOTH his and my husband's favorite iPhone game, I knew that Dad wanted and Angry Birds birthday just as much as Ben did.  I surely couldn't disappoint my two favorite men, so both my husband and I set out looking for ideas on how to make this Angry Birds theme work.  Being an avid cupcake maker, myself, here is what I came up with.  I have never seen 40 cupcakes go so quickly!  It was a ton of fun (and quite a bit of work), but it was all worth it.  I have to give credit to the blog http://thecraftingchicks.com/, which is where we found the idea!  Of course, my son pointed out to me that we were missing the black bomb birds, and the white egg birds, but I think he will let me get away with it just this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment